Saturday, February 14, 2009

For Drawing Inspiration


2 hour drawing session , graphite on cheap bond paper


This new Blog will be for drawings and notebook sketches and a forum of freeform expression. This is the maiden voyage.

I will post articles on artists that are drawing from the heart. I am very open to leads. Let me know who you have discovered out there in the Blogdom. I will also be using this opportunity to share my book resources and direct you to drawers past present and future. Like what Frank ?.....well in my travels in France I picked up some great Comic art by my hero's Moebius and Milo Manerra. That's just for starters. And I also get to show off the drawing Jim Gurney drew for my boys in one of his books he signed for them.

2 comments:

  1. Nice drawing. You just started this blog today? I'm in on the ground floor. I'll look forward to seeing your posts.

    I go through phases, but lately 'drawing' has my full attention, between my own, and the golden age of 'drawers', and contemporary—like yours. I love the spontaneity, a direct channel from mind to medium.

    Your drawing is studied, with such subtle tonals, yet feels spontaneous. I like the angle of view.

    I'm going to start another blog soon that likewise will just be sketches and such. Like I said, I look forward to more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas, Thanks for posting. The drawing of the girl that you did just took my breath away. You are a master. You've got it! I am your student!

    I look forward to seeing and going through your older posts!

    ReplyDelete